When it comes to fall prevention home improvement, bathrooms should be one of the first rooms you start with. This may be one of the smallest rooms in your house but can also be one of the most dangerous. We believe it is important to take all precautions when maneuvering through the bathroom. Here is our list of what we believe are the best bathroom safety products.
Top 5 Safety Products
- Shower Chair: Shower chairs are one of the most useful tools for those with mobility issues or people that tire easily. The chairs are made to allow consumers to sit while showering, helping those that require them to go about their routine lives. Shower chairs are not only helpful but also make for a more comfortable and enjoyable shower.
- Barrier-free Showers: These are perfect for those that are in a wheelchair. A replacement option for time-consuming patient transfer processes, barrier-free showers you to wheel yourself directly into the shower without lifting, transferring on benches, and allowing the patient to slide all around on wet surfaces.
- Grab Bars: You can reduce the risk of injuring yourself by installing basic bath safety products, such as grab bars. Make sure that the tub or shower has a grab bar to steady the person who is entering or exiting the tub. Grab bars are one of the biggest savers for those that are fearful of slipping in the shower or tub, they are also very helpful when entering and exiting the tub.
- Raised toilet seats: A raised toilet seat is convenient and easy to use and make every day activities, like using the restroom, more convenient. Raised toilet seats are not only helpful but also make you more comfortable while doing the necessary business.
- Transfer benches: Transfer benches allow for easier and more comfortable transfer from the wheelchair to the shower. Legs are made of sturdy, rustproof aluminum with foot grips to stabilize and secure the bench making for more convenient mobility in the bathroom.
Remember that for many people bath safety products and other independent living aids can make all the difference between safety and injury or independence and dependence. You can count on Eagle Highland Pharmacy in Indy for these products as well as for many other items such as ostomy bags, catheters, adult diapers, compression stockings, orthopedic braces, crutches, canes, walkers, wheelchairs, and lift chairs. Contact us today at 317-299-3771 or come into our conveniently located Indianapolis pharmacy for assistance in finding grab bars, shower chairs, or bathroom safety products.