Compounding is not offered by many pharmacies, but Eagle Highland Pharmacy is proud to offer this service in the Indianapolis area. Compounding is making a return to the modern pharmacy, as many patients are enjoying the benefits of specialty prescription medicines that are formulated just for them. Your doctor can prescribe the medication and Eagle Highland Pharmacy can fill it.
Stop by our location today or call us at 317-299-3771 with any questions. Don’t forget you can rely on us for your medical supplies and durable medical equipment including compression stockings, ostomy bags, wheelchairs, lift chairs, crutches, urological supplies, diabetic shoes, and more.
What’s a Compounding Pharmacy?
In the process of compounding, a pharmacist creates medication from scratch that is prescribed by a doctor. The pharmacist will formulate the medication exactly to the patient’s needs. Compounding falls into two categories:
- Alternative Medications
- Specialty Compounding
Speak With a
Standard prescription medications are formulated in predetermined strengths and forms, but for many different reasons these medications may not work for every patient. A simple solution may be a visit to your local Indianapolis compounding pharmacy. Working with your doctor’s prescription, the compound pharmacist can create a new delivery form or strength of the medication.
- Flavoring and special delivery systems are especially helpful for babies and young children who may be fussy patients. Children often do well with flavored lollipops; babies can take medication delivered in special pacifiers or baby bottles. All of these medicine compounds are packaged in childproof containers.
- Medication can be delivered in capsules, which allows the pharmacists compounding the medication to leave out inactive ingredients that a patient may be sensitive to, such as dyes, fillers, and gluten.
- For patients who have problems swallowing pills and capsules, the compounding pharmacy can deliver the medication as an oral liquid, suspension, or sometimes as an effervescent powder.
- If an oral medication is just not possible, a compound pharmacist can create a topical preparation or suppository.
Specialty compounding has become popular in recent years, and Indianapolis is not immune to this growing trend.
- Bioidentical hormones have the exact chemical structure as the hormones in the human body and can help balance a woman’s hormones as she approaches menopause or during other phases of her life as well. Men can also experience fluctuations in their hormone levels and will benefit from natural hormone therapy, too.
- Our compounding pharmacy can create anti-aging creams prescribed by a doctor that may help skin fight some of the effects of aging and the elements.
- Pain management compounding may be beneficial to people suffering from chronic pain due to arthritis, migraines, fibromyalgia and other conditions. A compound pharmacist can mix the pain relief medication directly into a gel or cream.
- Eagle Highland Pharmacy can also create medications for sports medicine, hospice, or veterinary compounding.
You can count on Eagle Highland Pharmacy in Indianapolis as your compounding pharmacy. Our pharmacists compounding the medications will not only assist you with your special medications, but also with other needs such as catheters, adult diapers, orthopedic braces, grab bars, mobility products and grabbers. Contact us today at 317-299-3771 or come into our pharmacy for professional, experienced assistance. Eagle Highland Pharmacy is here to support you through every phase and circumstance of life. We look forward to assisting you.